Visit to the CNRS campus in Meudon Belllevue, (A)
On July 3, 1990, on the occasion of the inauguration of the CNRS grouping of communication units, Hubert Curien, Minister of Research and Technology, visited the Meudon-Bellevue campus, former estate of the choreographer Isadora Duncan.
The large electromagnet of the Académie des Sciences installed in 1928 testifies to the prestigious past of this site. In his speech, the Minister recalled the pioneering role of the campus laboratories in extreme research, particularly on low temperatures, intense magnetic fields and very high pressures.
In the company of the principal officials, the Minister visited the five communication units (Writing Workshop, CNRS Publications, CNRS Formation, Presses du CNRS and CNRS Audiovisuel) then went to the laboratories where pooled equipment such as the electron microprobe, the ion analyzer and the scanning and transmission electron microscopes are located.